Private sailing course
The idea about private sailing course is simply that you rent boat and instructor from us together with your friends, partner or family. You decide what you wish to learn and in what way, in consultation with us. We can offer sailing courses according to the three general sailing course levels, or make the course suited totally for your needs and wishes.
Who can attend the course?
If you are totally without experience, we will start from the basics. And whatever skills you already might have, we can bring you to the next level.
Content of the course
All of our boats are situated in the archipelago, which makes it simple and natural to practice archipelago sailing and navigation. Our boats are safe modern yachts with quite a bit of equipment, fast, funny and easy to sail.
If you wish to tailor your course towards any special goal, here are some examples;
- You may be a total beginner and wish to get some guidance to be able to take your boat out of the docks for the first time, and get some advice regarding all those lines and equipment.
- You can learn how to plan a route through the archipelago and how to find a safe natural harbor for the night according to weather prognoses and chart information.
- Or focus on sailtrim to go safe and fast. Or to hoist and use a spinnaker. Or sailing at night, led by lighthouses and buoys… Or train safe maneuvering in a harbor. It´s your choice!
The goal of the private course is that you shall have accomplished and and learned exactly what you wished to look deeper into – and we believe that you will even learn more than you could ever imagine!
How long time does it take learning to sail?
It depends on the person, we are all different learners – but generally, during a sailing course, you get introduced to the tools and secrets of sailing, but the understanding and the training takes more time for most people, until you feel safe to handle a boat on our own.Though, after a course, you are ready to start training on your own!
We recommend two days for a private regular sailing course for beginners if you are two persons. If you are three or four persons, we recommend that you book three days. If you wish only a brief introduction to sailing, one day will do the job!
About our boats and skippers
Please contact us for advice before booking.
Available instructors/boats are found in our booking system. Minimum one full day.
6 500 SEK per day (8 hours) for 2 persons
Price per additional person: 750 SEK per day
Included in the price:
- Loan of inflatable life jackets, wind- and waterproof clothing and sailing gloves
- Lunch – you can bring your own, or add catering from our local deli, 165 SEK per person.
- Fee for optional examination “Seglarintyg 1, 2 or 3”, 350 SEK + 65 SEK for examination book. To be paid by Swish or cash.
- Cancellation insurance, 6 % of course fee.