Dalarö is an old village reachable by car or bus and commuter train from Stockholm in 40-70 minutes. It is situated on the edge of land, in the middle of the southern archipelago of Stockholm. The place is famous for it´s beautiful old villas, for it´s naval an maritime history and for its many shipwrecks. Today Dalarö is the port of the archipelago with ferrys to the islands and many things to do, especially on the water.
Dalarö village is situatied on a headland pointing towards southwest, and the harbour is well sheltered. The waters around Dalarö is, and has always been, the natural way to approach Stockholm from the south if you come by boat. Dalarö is surrounded by fjords and thousands of islands in all directions, and it is almost always possible to find sheltered waters.
Staying at Dalarö:
- Smådalarö gård – a beautiful archipelago hotel – about 5 km from Dalarö village and the harbour. A good kitchen, bar, golf and conference center. Bus to Dalarö.
- Dalarö hotel Bellevue – in Dalarö village, about 10 min walk from the harbour.
- Gålö Havsbad – Gålö is situated about 10 km from Dalarö. You can rent a cottage, stay in the hostel or camp at the camping site. You need a car to get to Dalarö, it being a 15 minutes drive.
- Dalarö hostel Lotsen – This is the smallest hostel in the country, situated in the fishing harbour in Dalarö. Booking can be made here. Be sure to book well in advance!! It is walking distance to Askfatshamnen.
- Cottages in Dalarö can be rented from the Tourist office.
- Air bnb is available at Dalarö – often as small cottages you can rent for 1-4 persons.
Activities at Dalarö:
- Dalarö Kayak – kayak tours and renting of kayaks
- Stockholm Kiteboardcenter – day courses
- Pelles Event – outrigger canoes Pacific style, and SUP – Stand Up Paddle board
- Smådalarö Gård – golfcourse
- Dalarö Bangolf – Minigolf and strandvolley at Askfatshamnen
- Visit the Tourist office, the custom´s building “Tullhuset”, Odinsvägen, for more information and maps!
- Blue zense yoga and training Summer yoga on the water and on land
Restaurants at Dalarö:
- Mysingen restaurant, Odinsvägen 10. Pub and restaurant
- Restaurant Ankaret, Odinsvägen, across from Mysingen
- Bistro Solsidan “Sunny side” at Askfatshamnen, in the harbour, veranda and seaview
- Öarnas Lanthandel a wonderful deli shop with lunch and coffee served in the rose garden
- Restaurant Tullhuset, at the old Custom´s building