Dalarö is an old maritime village that is simple to reach by car, bus, boat or commuter train from the city centre of Stockholm taking between 40-70 minutes to travel. It is located in Stockholm’s southern archipelago and is famous for its beautiful old villas, for its naval and maritime history and for its many shipwrecks. Today Dalarö is the port of the archipelago with passenger boats to the many islands and is famous for its water activities such as kitesurfing, kayaking and, of course, sailing.
The community of Dalarö is situated on a southwest headland which makes the surrounding waters the natural approach to Stockholm from the south if you are coming by boat. Dalarö is surrounded by thousands of islands in all directions, with small sheltered natural harbours easily accessible for both small and large boats.
Accomodations in Dalarö:
- Smådalarö gård – A beautiful archipelago hotel – about 5 km from Dalarö village. The hotel has a good kitchen, bar, golf and conference centre. Bus to Dalarö.
- Gålö Havsbad – Gålö is situated about 10 km from Dalarö. You can rent a cottage, stay in the hostel or even camp at the camping site. It is a 15 minute drive to Dalarö and you will need a car to get there.
- Dalarö hostel Lotsen – This is the smallest hostel in the country, situated in the fishing harbour in Dalarö. Be sure to book well in advance! The hostel is within walking distance to Vadviken harbour.
- Horsfjärdens Vandrarhem – A family-run hostel beautifully situated between Dalarö and Muskö. It is a 20 minute drive to Dalarö and you will need a car to get there.
- Cottages in Dalarö can be rented from the Tourist office.
- AirBnb in Dalarö – you can often find small cottages to let for 1-4 persons.
- Birgitta, the owner of Vind o Vatten has a tiny house in Dalarö to let for 1-2 persons. Contact Vind o Vatten for more information.
- Anna Drougge, one of the coaches of Vind o Vatten, has a tiny house to let for 1-2 persons, close to Vadviken harbour. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for booking and more information.
Activities in Dalarö:
- Dalarö Kayak – kayak tours and rentals
- Stockholm Kiteboard Center – day courses
- Pelles Event – outrigger canoes Pacific style, and SUP – Stand Up Paddle board
- Smådalarö Gård – golf course
- Dalarö Bangolf – minigolf and strandvolley at Askfatshamnen
- Visit the Tourist office, the custom’s building “Tullhuset”, Odinsvägen, for more information and maps.
- Blue zense yoga and training – Summer yoga on the water and on land.
Restaurants at Dalarö:
- Mysingen restaurant, Odinsvägen 10. Pub and restaurant
- Restaurant Ankaret, Odinsvägen, across from Mysingen
- Bistro Solsidan “Sunny side” at Askfatshamnen, in the harbour, veranda and seaview
- Öarnas Lanthandel, a wonderful deli shop with lunch and coffee served in the rose garden
- Restaurant Tullhuset, at the old Custom’s building